Camp Towhee Camper Code of Conduct
Camp Towhee is a place where everyone should feel safe and comfortable. I have a responsibility to make sure nothing I do hurts people physically or emotionally.
As a camper, I will…
- Show respect to all campers and staff and treat people the way I would like to be treated.
- Cooperate with camp staff and follow their instructions.
- Respect the property of Camp Towhee and others. This includes no stealing, vandalism or graffiti.
- Help keep my cabin clean and put all litter in the trash cans.
- Have good hygiene by having regular showers and brushing my teeth.
- Talk to my staff if I need help following any of these rules.
- Stay with my counselors, unless I have special permission not to be with them.
- Have lots of FUN and a GREAT time.
I will not…
- Bully, or put down other campers or staff.
- Have romantic relationships with other campers.
- Deliberately hurt anybody’s feelings.
- Bring alcohol or illegal substances to camp.
- Swear excessively or use abusive language.
I recognize that these standards of respect toward Towhee campers and staff still apply after I leave camp. This includes all forms of contact and communication (e.g., face-to-face, phone, letters, email, internet communication of all types including Facebook and social networking sites).
Camp staff will help me to follow these rules if I am having trouble. I understand that if I am having trouble following this code of conduct, the following could happen:
- I may have a meeting with my cabin counsellor, counsellor supervisor or one of the camp directors.
- A staff member might call my parents to discuss my behaviour.
- I may be asked to carry out a consequence decided by my staff. (An example of a consequence is writing an apology letter.)
- If my behaviour is hurtful to myself, others or camp property, I may have to go home early.